The St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will be administering COVID-19 vaccinations in conjunction with St. Lawrence Health Systems on two dates for individuals with a developmental disability, comorbidity, or other underlying health condition:
1. Saturday, February 27th from 8am-4pm at Massena Memorial Hospital
2. Monday, March 1st from 8am-4pm at Gouverneur Hospital
You must verify that you meet eligibility criteria by showing a form of ID or equivalent for your date of birth and completing the NYS Vaccine Form (link below). Medication will not be accepted as a proof of eligibility. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact your health care provider.
The following conditions qualify for the vaccine:
- Cancer (current or in remission, including 9/11-related cancers)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Pulmonary Disease, including but not limited to, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), asthma (moderate-to-severe), pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, and 9/11 related pulmonary diseases
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities including Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, including but not limited to heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, or hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) including but not limited to solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, use of other immune weakening medicines, or other causes
- Severe Obesity (BMI 40 kg/m2), Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease or Thalassemia
- Type 1 or 2 diabetes mellitus
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Neurologic conditions including but not limited to Alzheimer's Disease or dementia
- Liver disease
There are two steps to complete the registration process for a vaccine:
- Massena Hospital - February 27th: https://apps2.health.ny.gov/doh2/applinks/cdmspr/2/counties?OpID=BC1A3DB065CB0886E0530A6C7C16A529
- Gouverneur Hospital - March 1st: https://apps2.health.ny.gov/doh2/applinks/cdmspr/2/counties?OpID=BC1A5990F9910454E0530A6C7C1619CC
2. Attestation of eligibility: Please complete the eligibility form prior to your vaccination: NYS Vaccine Form
Please bring proof that both the registration and the eligibility have been completed either by printing or taking a screenshot on your phone.
Please also review these guidelines to ensure you are eligible on the day of your vaccine:
- If you are currently in isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19, you are not eligible. You will need to schedule at a later date.
- You must be available for the second dose 4 weeks later: on March 27th or March 29th.
- If there are no slots left when you go to register, please let the Public Health Department know by sending an email with your name, phone number, and the location you are trying to sign up for to SLCCOVID19SharedMailbox@stlawco.org and you will be placed on standby.
- Please do not enter the hospital until 5 minutes before your appointment time to maintain COVID-19 safety and to prevent gathering.
Below is a screen shot of what your registration ticket will look like and confirmation of vaccine form submission. Please bring copies of them with you.
Thank you for your support of the COVID-19 pandemic.