Are you waiting for an email from Public Health?
Please check your junk/spam folders. If you still have not received it, contact us at 315-386-2325.
To prevent the spread of rabies from animal to human through public education and pet vaccination clinics.
St. Lawrence County residents
Post-exposure treatment of humans is provided when an exposure occurs. Confinement of domesticated cats, dogs, ferrets, as well as livestock is conducted as needed to reduce the spread of rabies. The program also includes continued support of the expanded oral rabies vaccine bait drop program in the St. Lawrence Region in conjunction with USDA.
Contact the Rabies Control Program at (315) 386-2325
To report animal bites and possible exposure to rabies evenings, weekends and holidays call (315) 454-2363. The on-call nurse will return your call.
Other Rabies Links
- USDA: Prevention the Spread of Raccoon Rabies Brochure
- Protect Your Family and Your Pets Against Rabies
- NYSDOH: Rabies
- NYSDOH: Bat Rabies in New York State Booklet
- NYSDOH: Animal Rabies Control and Prevention
- CDC: Rabies Information for Children
- NYSDOH: Rabies Laboratory Testing
Rabies Cases In NYS/St. Lawrence County
Common Rabies Vector Species