ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE IS
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
We would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding during these difficult times!
As per CDC Recommendation – All INDIVIDUALS REGARDLESS OF VACCINE STATUS MUST WEAR MASKS WHILE USING OUR FACILITIES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
- Customers are asked to follow social distancing rules in the waiting area and lobby.
- We encourage you to complete as much paperwork as possible to limit the time spent in the office.
ALL ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY DMV LOCATIONS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
NOTICE: We will be assisting St. Lawrence County residents as well as residents of adjoining Jefferson, Franklin & Lewis Counties. If you live in another County, you need to go to the DMV in your own County. We reserve the right to refuse service for out-of-county residents.
Attention: DMV Expediting CDL Testing
The St. Lawrence County Clerk provides many functions to the residents of the County, they include Local Commissioner of Motor Vehicles, Clerk of the Supreme and County Court, Registrar of Deeds and Chief Records Officer. These duties and services are continually evolving to face the ever-changing challenges of government. Most recently e-recorded documents, e-filled documents and online land record searches can be done from the convenience of your home or office saving time and money.
- Recording of various Real Property documents;
- Filing of Supreme & County Court cases;
- Processing DMV Transactions based on NYS DMV Regulations;
- Maintaining Records produced by St. Lawrence County Departments;
- Notary Services - Per Notary Public License Law § 534 County Law;
- Passports; and,
- Pistol Permits
Please review our fee schedule to confirm service fees.
View the list of Newspapers for Legal Notices appointed by the Board of Legislators.
PUBLIC NOTICE: Please be aware if you receive this letter, soon after purchasing property, it is NOT sent by our office. A copy of a filed deed can be obtained from our office for a minimal fee.
**Disclaimer: Employees of the St. Lawrence County Clerk's Office are NOT attorneys, therefore we cannot give legal advice.**
Find an attorney: St. Lawrence County Bar Association
2021 Roster of City, County Town & Village Officers of St. Lawrence County
Access our records online at searchiqs.com/NYSTL. If you have trouble viewing this website, please contact IQS at 1-800-320-2617 or email websupport for assistance.
ST LAWRENCE COUNTY CLERK LOCATION & PHONE NUMBER:
- 48 Court Street, Canton, NY 13617 | Phone: 315-379-2237
ST LAWRENCE COUNTY DMV LOCATIONS & PHONE NUMBERS:
- 80 St. Hwy. 310, Canton, NY 13617 | Phone: 315-386-1408
- 21 Harrowgate Commons, Massena, NY 13662 | Phone: 315-764-1727
- 206 Ford St., Ogdensburg, NY 13669 | Phone: 315-393-5386
- 1227 US Hwy. 11, Gouverneur, NY 13642 | Phone: 315-287-7034