Archived Programs & Events:
- Face Mask Initiative
- Valentine's Day Card Drive
- Trash Dash 5K
- Reducing your Carbon Footprint
- Teen Virtual Meeting
Fiscal Management, Monitoring and Evaluation of Resource Allocation Plan
Oversight and administration for the contract, program monitoring and fiscal management (Includes claims, bookkeeping, reimbursement, and budget) for grant programs funded through the department’s Resource Allocation Plan (RAP).
Available for Tours for youth of all ages
September 15th through June 1st
**Please Note: Due to COVID 19 Restrictions, we are not currently offering county tours**
Alexa Backus, Youth Bureau Director
80 SH 310, Suite 4
Canton, N.Y. 13617
The tours usually begin in the St. Lawrence County Board of Legislators Chambers. This is where policies and procedures for the county are discussed during the legislator’s board meetings.
- The County Clerk’s Office – Will speak with the students and explain the services that the County Clerk’s office has to offer.
- 911 Complex – The Sheriff’s Department staff will speak to the students and explain how the 911 system works. They also explain the duties of the Sheriff’s Department.
- Courthouse – Depending on the age of the students attending the tour would depend on what they would be able to observe in the courthouse. The younger children can have a court system staff member come and speak to them and explain what their job entails. High School aged students may be allowed to observe a courtroom setting with criminal court in process.
- Law Library – The law librarian can give the students a presentation and let them know what kinds of books are available in the county law library. She can also let them know the hours the Law Library is open.
All of the above can be found at 48 Court Street, Canton, N.Y.
- Silas Wright – The Silas Wright Museum is also available for students to tour at 3 East Main Street, Canton, N.Y
Youth Conservation Corps
Since 1976 the YCC has been administered and funded through the Youth Bureau department. YCC is a fusion of leadership training, mentoring, conservation education, and work-based learning. Youth are employed and provided services that address conservation & forestry management; work ethic, work attitude, job retention skills, personal development, and the role youth have in civic leadership and conservation.
2010 YCC Canton and Canton II Crew working at Fall Island in Canton, NY