Walk with us St. Lawrence County!
The Walk with a Doc Program encourages healthy physical activity in people of all ages and reverses the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle in order to improve the health and wellbeing of the country.
*2021 - 2022 Schedule Coming Soon*
Exercise and Nutrition Resources:
Daily exercise and healthy eating can improve your overall health and prevent chronic disease, such as diabetes. Click on the following links to learn more about how you can make healthy choices regarding your physical activity and daily meals.
- CDC: Physical Activity Basics explains the importance of daily exercise for everyone.
- Map My Walk and Map My Run help you track your daily activity.
- Physical Activity Guidelines from health.gov provides resources, news, and evidence-based tips on how to meet your daily exercise goals.
- CDC: Healthy Weight provides information on what a healthy weight is for your body and how you can acheive it through a balanced diet and regular exercise.
- NYSDOH: Nutrition lists resources and facts about how to maintain a balanced diet.
- GardenShare is a “locally led, nonprofit organization seeking to end hunger and strengthen food security” in our region. Learn more about healthy eating locally with the GardenShare Local Food Guide!
- Try choosemyplate.gov to plan and maintain your healthy diet.
Tobacco-related illnesses are the number one cause of PREVENTABLE deaths in our country. To learn more about tobacco's effect on your health or explore resources for those quitting tobacco, click on the following links.
- Quit Tobacco: Cessation Resources provides a list of relevant sites related to information and support for those quitting tobacco use.
- American Heart Association: Quit Smoking explains the many risks related to smoking and provides resources to support quitters.