United States Passport Applications can be processed in our office Monday through Friday. You must mail in a renewal application yourself; we are unable to accept a renewal application at our facility. For Adults U.S. Passports are good for 10 years, and a passport for a child under the age of 16 is good for 5 years. For more information contact the U.S. Department of state at travel.state.gov or by calling 1-877-4USAPPT. You may also contact our office at (315) 379-2237.
**All applications MUST be completed in black ink only! **
Which Form Do I Use?
Form DS-11 - This form is used for first time applicants, or for individuals renewing that were under the age of 16 when their passport was issued.
Form DS-82 - This form is used for applicants who are in possession of their most recent passport that was issued less than 15 years ago.
Form DS-5504 - This form is used for applicants needing a name change, or to correct a printing error. If changing your name, you may only use this form if the change occurred within one year of the passport being issued. There is no time limit when correcting a printing error.
View the United States Passport fee chart or use the fee calculator to ensure you have the correct payment. The application fee is paid directly to the Department of State in the form of a check or money order.
What Do I Need To Bring?
1. Passport Photo - 2" x 2", we can provide passport photos for an $8.00 fee.
2. Proof of Citizenship -
- Original or Certified Copy of your Birth Certificate, plus one copy that is not double-sided. This must have a raised seal and bear a filing date within one year of the birth. Also, as of April 2011, the Department of State requires that any Birth Certificate submitted for obtaining a passport list the applicants parent's names.
- Previous Passport (Children under 16 must also submit an original or certified copy of their Birth Certificate).
- Original Naturalization Papers.
* Please note that these documents will be mailed to the Department of State with your Application. They will be returned to you after the process is completed. *
3. Valid Photo ID - Must have a signature.
**Copies of your identification and citizenship documents are required. If you are preparing your own copies, please know that they must be legible and cannot be double-sided. **
Back to Top
Requirements For Children:
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by both parents. Each parent must have a valid photo ID, and the child's Birth Certificate must state the parents' names. If both parents are unable to appear, please contact the U.S. Department of State, or our office for information on how to proceed. For minors 16 or 17 years of age, only one parent must appear.
When Will I Receive My Passport?
Current processing times can be viewed on the travel.state.gov website.
It may take up to 4 weeks from the day you apply to receive a status on your application. Customers who check the status of their application online at travel.state.gov prior to 4 weeks from the application may receive a response of "Not Found." This means that the application is still in transit to one of the passport agencies and centers.
Customers wishing to travel in less than 10 to 12 weeks should pay the additional $60.00 expedited service fee. Applicants needing a passport sooner than this should contact the U.S. Department of State.
The proof of citizenship documentation that you submitted with your passport application will also arrive within this time frame. Please keep in mind however, that your passport and your documentation may come in separate envelopes.