THE ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE AND DMV ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
Appointments for the St. Lawrence County Clerk's Office can be made by calling 315-379-2237.
NOTICE: We will be honoring appointments for St. Lawrence County residents as well as residents of adjoining Jefferson and Franklin Counties. If you live in another County, you need to go to the DMV in your own County. We reserve the right to refuse service for out-of-county residents.
Make your appointment for the CANTON DMV ONLY!
Make your appointment for the MASSENA DMV ONLY!
Make your appointment for the OGDENSBURG DMV ONLY!
Make your appointment for the GOUVERNEUR DMV ONLY!
- Please do NOT arrive more than five minutes prior to your scheduled appointment!
- There will be NO LOITERING allowed!
- Face masks are required!
- Due to high demand, all transactions that are not complete or are missing necessary documentation will NOT be processed resulting in the need to schedule an additional appointment at a later date.
- We encourage you to complete as much paper work as possible to limit the time spent in the office.
We would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding during these difficult times!
The St. Lawrence County Clerk provides many functions to the residents of the County, they include Local Commissioner of Motor Vehicles, Clerk of the Supreme and County Court, Registrar of Deeds and chief Records Officer. These duties and services are continually evolving to face the ever-changing challenges of government. Most recently e-recorded documents, e-filled documents and online land record searches can be done from the convenience of your home or office saving time and money.
- Recording of various Real Property documents;
- Filing of Supreme & County Court cases;
- Processing DMV Transactions based on NYS DMV Regulations;
- Maintaining Records produced by St. Lawrence County Departments;
- Notary Services - Per Notary Public License Law § 534 County Law;
- Passports; and,
- Pistol Permits
Please review our fee schedule to confirm service fees.
View the list of Newspapers for Legal Notices appointed by the Board of Legislators.
PUBLIC NOTICE: Please be aware if you receive this letter, soon after purchasing property, it is NOT sent by our office. A copy of a filed deed can be obtained from our office for a minimal fee.
Roster of City, County Town & Village Officers of St. Lawrence County
Access our records online at searchiqs.com/NYSTL. If you have trouble viewing this website, please contact IQS at 1-800-320-2617 or email websupport for assistance.
ST LAWRENCE COUNTY CLERK LOCATION & PHONE NUMBER:
- 48 Court Street, Canton, NY 13617 | Phone: 315-379-2237
ST LAWRENCE COUNTY DMV LOCATIONS & PHONE NUMBERS:
- 80 St. Hwy. 310, Canton, NY 13617 | Phone: 315-386-1408
- 21 Harrowgate Commons, Massena, NY 13662 | Phone: 315-764-1727
- 206 Ford St., Ogdensburg, NY 13669 | Phone: 315-393-5386
- 1227 US Hwy. 11, Gouverneur, NY 13642 | Phone: 315-287-7034